Choosing the right exterior staircase
Choosing the right exterior staircase:
An exterior staircase is an elegant way to add a focal point to your home or commercial property. It's a one-of-a-kind way to add a new access point from your home to your garden or any other outdoor space. With such a diverse range of designs and styles to choose from, you'll have a visually stunning piece that complements and enhances the rest of your property. However, with so many options available, deciding on the best exterior staircase can be difficult. In this blog, we discuss what to think about before selecting the right staircase, as well as the most common issues encountered when investing in an external staircase.
Benefits of external staircase:
- Focal point – An external staircase can create a striking focal point that enhances the overall appearance of your home's exterior. The possibilities are endless with so many different styles and designs to choose from.
- Versatility – Our staircases come in a variety of colours, styles, and designs, giving you complete control and flexibility in choosing a staircase that complements your garden and home.
- Increase the value of your property - A well-planned and executed exterior staircase can significantly increase the value of your home. An attractive feature, such as an external staircase, can make your property more appealing to potential buyers, making it a worthwhile investment for your home or commercial property.
What to consider before buying an external staircase:
- Costs- When selecting an external staircase, make sure you are aware of the cost of the product and that it is suitable for you. Determine your project budget, as staircases can vary greatly depending on the design, size, complexity of the project, and materials used.
- Quality – Going for the cheapest option may appear to be the best option, but usually going for the cheapest means sacrificing product quality. Making sure you strike the right balance between price and quality will ensure that you get a long-lasting product that is worth the money.
- Size and complexity – The size and complexity of the external staircase can have a significant impact on the cost. The larger or more complex the design, the higher the price. This is due to the fact that much more materials, labour, and expertise are required to complete the project. Choosing a design and size that fits within your budget will help to ensure success.
- Maintenance –Because external staircases are subjected to harsher weather conditions than internal staircases, it is important to assess the maintenance and longevity of your product. Wood, for example, requires a lot more maintenance and is more likely to deteriorate over time than steel, which is much more durable and has a longer lifespan. It also requires far less maintenance, which saves money in the long run.
- Safety – When installing a staircase in your home or commercial property, one of the most important factors to consider is safety. It is critical to ensure that your external staircase complies with all of the UK Staircase Building Regulations in order to have a staircase that is both safe and long-lasting.
Common problems of an external staircase:
Stair assemblies that are poorly designed are not able to adequately withstand exposure to rain, snow or de-icing salts.
A suitable drainage mechanism must be in place so that water cannot accumulate within a tread or landing area. Also, joints must be strong enough so that they will not separate due to exposure to the elements.
De-icing salt dissolved in water is particularly corrosive to steel, so the design must provide adequate protection and be designed for the outdoor environment the staircase is to be used in.
Why choose us?
Bradfabs takes pride in our products to ensure that you get an external staircase that you adore. Our expert team designs, builds, and instals high-quality stairs to ensure that your project is in good hands from start to finish. We take the time to understand your project's distinct style and then implement it in a way that is appropriate for your home.
Our goal is to bring your vision to life using our extensive experience and capabilities. This is why, throughout the process, we make sure to keep clear communication going so that you're always in the loop. Do you have a project in mind? Contact us right away!